Tuesday, February 21, 2012

new dawn, new day...


New Day by bradsworld
...a new life for me, and I wanna feel good...

Last April I went gluten-free.  I immediately noticed a difference in my chronic pain, intestinal discomfort, and energy.  After 8 months I was beginning to realize it was not all I needed to do for my body to function as it should.  Change is a tough road to travel.

2012 started with the Whole Living Action Plan, a healthy detox our whole family could do.  I made some great discoveries:  I love kale, I definitely am gluten intolerant, I can live a decent life without red meat, too much ginger is bad, I love roasted beets, and I can eat healthy and like it!

I think it's time to start sharing my gluten-free, fried-free, processed-free, sugar-free, meat-free adventures.

Some favorites from the cleanse:

Carly - almost any salad with a dijon vinaigrette: whisk together 1T olive oil, 1T dijon, 1t apple cider vinegar, sea salt & pepper.

Cooper - Vegan Creamy Potato-Leek Soup

Everybody - Kale Slaw

It's been a couple of months and I haven't eaten healthy the whole time.  When I'm feeling lousy I take a look at what I've been eating, add more vegetables, drink more water.  At this point I know I shouldn't steer too far away from the basics - fruits & veggies.

I have been craving Chinese food and so I am determined to make my own version of healthy, gluten-free Vegetable Lo Mein for dinner tonight.  Yum!  If it turns out, I'll post the recipe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment